Who says training your furry best friend can’t be fun?
The bonding. The closeness. The comedy. The lifelong obedience. If you really think about it, training time is fun time - training should be a great experience for both you and your furry best friend.
Well, training your dog is exciting but at the same time, it's challenging. Unfortunately, many pet parents never take the time to discover fun ways to train their dog properly. So, the idea of dog training is to always create an environment that sets your dog up for success.
Tips to step up your dog training session
Adding a four-legged member to your family is going to bring everyone a lot of fun. As a pet parent, you must understand how to train your pet effectively. Let’s explore some of the pawsome tips to step up your dog training sessions:
- Right training tools: Choose the right training equipment. The right type of leash and collar gives greater control over your dog.
- Avoid distractions in the beginning: Training becomes easier if your dog is focused and attentive to your commands. Avoid distractions when you start training your dogs. Once your dog starts learning, gradually move on to more distracting areas.
- Use positive reinforcement: Like anything in life, no single dog is ever punished into excellence. Dogs learn and thrive with positive reinforcement techniques. Toting goodies around by hand can be a drag. It's not only tricky to give proper hand signals, but you might accidentally drop it and throw off your pooch’s focus. Always use treats for training rewards from your treat pouch. Add fun to your dog training sessions with cute dog training bags for treats.
- Be consistent and patient: Training your dog requires consistent messages and rules given over time. Always be consistent with your furry best friend and show a lot of patience.
- Keep training sessions short: Just make sure he’s enjoying the session. Dogs usually have a very short attention span. They distract quite easily and tend to lose focus quickly. Keep your training sessions short and always end them on a positive note and call it a day!
- Be the alpha of the pack: You must establish your position as the Alpha of the family and clearly define the ground rules for your dog.
- Don't train on full tummy: Training your dog on a full tummy is downright dangerous.
- Know when to stop a dog training session: Knowing when to push and when to stop training session is crucial to training success.
- Provide opportunities for socialization: Provide opportunities for socialization and early exposure to many different people, animals, sights, and sounds to your dog.
- Know when to ask for help: If you are unable to devote much time to your dog, consider getting help from a dog trainer. The trainer will help your dog with basic obedience and socialization.
Finally, you should always be engaged and having fun, but at the same time, keenly aware to keep all things in balance.
Just go play!
Take a look at the perfect dog treat pouch for all fun-loving, active pet lovers with a little attitude! The cleverly designed dog treat pouch with all tricks is suitable for both moist and dry treats. Your pet loves treats, no doubt about it, but his real joy comes from seeing and spending time with their special person in the world- YOU!
There’s so much to talk about on the topic of dog training, and using fun as a part of that – I could go on and on and on.
But, I’d rather finish this post, and let you go out and have some fun with your dog. Let the games begin!